Canelo responds to Abel Sanchez criticism - Betting News | Sports News | Casinos News | Gaming Reviews

Canelo responds to Abel Sanchez criticism

Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs), on Thursday has responded to Abel Sanchez criticism about his first fight with WBA, WBC, IBF and IBO champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin last year.

Sanchez, who is the head trainer for Golovkin was highly critical of Canelo for using too much movement in their first fight in last September at T-Mobile Arena, in Las Vegas.

The fight ended in a controversial draw decision, with scores of 118-110 for Canelo, 115-113 for Golovkin and 114-114 for both boxers.

“He doesn’t bother me, because Sanchez believes he is a great head trainer and he doesn’t know what boxing is.” Canelo said.

“He doesn’t know what boxing is, he doesn’t know what it is to have technique, what it is to box, what it is to make a move, knowing how to adapt to the circumstances of the fight.” Canelo added.

Canelo confirmed that he could have boxed with a more aggressive approach in the first fight, while arguing that he did not take advantage of the openings that came his way.

The 27-year-old boxer and “GGG” go head-to-head in a rematch on May 5, and will be held at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, USA.

“I learned a lot. When I anticipated his strikes and I made him miss, I did not capitalise on the openings that came before me. Now, I’m going to work at the Gym to take advantage of those chances.” Canelo said.

“We both want to win the fight convincingly. We want to put an end to all the doubts that hover. And that’s what makes the fight so interesting, because if we take more risks, it means there will be more openings.” he added.

Genady Golovkin’s head trainer Abel Sanchez criticizes Saul Alvarez. (Source:www.boxingscene.com)

Earlier this month, the Mexican trainer told in various interviews that Canelo only ran throughout the fight as soon as he felt the power of Golovkin.

“Canelo surprised the fight fans after talking all that smack, he was a runner. Canelo turned into Floyd. McGregor turned Floyd into a Mexican and Golovkin turned Canelo into Floyd,” Sanchez said.

“It behooves Canelo, with as much talking as he’s doing this far away from the fight about his legacy and how he’s going to be remembered, to at least make it a fight. If he makes it a fight, who knows what can happen.

“When Canelo sat down, he was effective in the first fight, he just didn’t do it because he knew he’d get knocked out. If he does it more, maybe we get the kind of fight that we were expecting.

“Maybe Canelo hits hard enough to hurt Golovkin, but you’re never going to find out by back pedaling and running. Canelo needs to do what he’s saying.” Sanchez added.

Popular News

Megawati-saat-melakukan-smash
Megawati Fails to Win on Debut in Final, Korean Volleyball Queen Performs Impressively
31 March 2025
Megawati Hangestri Pertiwi made a negative debut in the first game of the Korean...
screenshot (23)
VP rebuild Dota 2 roster with former Chimera Esports players
30 March 2025
One of Dota 2's most iconic and successful organisations is looking to make a comeback...
GnG_1214217_HiRes
Marquez Wary of 2019 Incident Happening Again at MotoGP America
28 March 2025
Ducati racer Marc Marquez is reluctant to boast that he will win the 2025 MotoGP...
screenshot (24)
OG to trial Ulnit, Davai Lama, and Kidaro in DreamLeague Season 26 Open Qualifiers
28 March 2025
OG’s new lineup with three trial players will debut in the upcoming DreamLeague...
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter