Chelsea Get Good News from NGolo Kante Ahead of Facing Porto

The Chelsea players underwent training together ahead of against Porto in the second leg. Chelsea will face Porto at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Wednesday April 14 202.

In the first leg of the quarter-finals with away goals, Chelsea won by a score of 2-0. This victory made it easier for Chelsea to advance to the semifinals, but Porto will not be just like that in tonight’s decisive match.

Good news comes for Chelsea ahead of the match against FC Porto in the second leg of the 2020-2021 Champions League quarter-finals. One of Chelsea’s mainstay players, NGolo Kante, was declared fit and could fly to Spain with the first team entourage.

Thomas Tuchel’s squad flew to Spain to face Porto in the second leg of the quarter-finals which took place at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium, Sevilla, Wednesday, April 14, 2021. Nobody expected Kante to participate.

The 30-year-old French midfielder was originally thought to be sidelined due to a hamstring injury that whacked him in an international match, March 24, 2021. However, Kante managed to recover early so he was also carried off in the group.

“I was very happy when Kante told me he was going with us to Sevilla. I didn’t expect it, “said Chelsea coach Thomas Tuchel as quoted by the club’s official website, Tuesday (13/4/2021).

Kante had appeared in the first leg against Porto last week even though he was only a substitute player. After that, Kante received treatment again because his injury recurred.

Facing Porto in the second leg of the quarter-finals, Chelsea bagged a 2-0 aggregate advantage. The entry of Kante is expected to increase Chelsea’s chances of qualifying for the semifinals.

“Kante is good news, but we have to be careful about him. We don’t take risks related to his health, “said Tuchel.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *