Mohamed Salah remains at Liverpool

Mohamed Salah remains at Liverpool

Mohamed Salah will remain at Liverpool for the foreseeable future after the Saudi Pro League transfer window closed on Thursday.

Last week, ESPN reported that Liverpool rejected a bid worth up to £150 million ($190 million) for the Egypt international from Al Ittihad.

It was reported that the Saudi club would attempt to submit a higher bid for Salah on their transfer deadline day but it failed to materialize.

Throughout the transfer window, Liverpool were adamant that Salah would not be allowed to leave Anfield after former players Jordan Henderson, Sadio Mané, Fabinho and Roberto Firmino completed deals with the Saudi club this summer.

After Salah scored in a 3-0 win over Aston Villa on Sunday, coach Jurgen Klopp reiterated the club’s stance and said the 31-year-old was fully committed to the Premier League club.

“He didn’t tell me [if he wanted to stay] but he didn’t have to,” Klopp told reporters after the match as quoted by ESPN.

“He talked about his training, his performance and his behavior. “We had a meeting this week, and the meeting was not about what we did in the past, it was about what we will do in the future,” he continued.

“Mo was on the players’ [leadership] committee and had moments where he spoke and no one was like ‘by the way, it’s only until next week’ or whatever.”

Salah’s future could be up for debate again when the transfer window reopens in January.

He is likely to return to action for Liverpool when they face Wolves after the international break.

Despite anticipation that Salah could become the latest superstar signing, the transfer window in Saudi ended relatively calmly.

Demarai Gray joins Al Ettifaq from Everton and Luiz Felipe completes a move from Real Betis to Al Ittihad.

There was also speculation that Manchester United winger Jadon Sancho could join the exodus, but that move did not materialize.

The Saudi clubs’ transfer business has been quite spectacular, even with no deadline for a deal for Salah, with spending totaling $1 billion during the summer window.

Popular News

image-13
Sergio Perez Believes Yuki Tsunoda Will Do Well After His Promotion to Red Bull Team
04 April 2025
Red Bull team driver Sergio Perez sees Yuki Tsunoda as capable of delivering results...
image-12
Donovan Mitchell Leads Cavaliers Beat Knicks
04 April 2025
Donovan Mitchell delivered an outstanding show as the Cleveland Cavaliers defeated...
image-8
Why Horse Racing Isn’t Popular in Indonesia
03 April 2025
Horse racing is an exciting sport enjoyed by many people around the world. But in...
image-1
The Correct Technique to Hit a Golf Ball
03 April 2025
Even though some individuals dream about becoming Tiger Woods his level of achievement...
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH FRIENDS

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on google
Google+

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.