Tyson Fury Says Ready for Trilogy Fight with Deontay Wilder

tyson fury

WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury 30-0-1, 21 KOs has made it clear that he will never get tired of beating Deontay Wilder 42-1-1, 41 KOs, who anticipates making their trilogy once the coronavirus pandemic is a thing of the past.

The Gypsy King had to be content in the controversy of a shared draw against Wilder, in December 2018, but he won in the rematch, last month, by stopping the American punchman in the 7th round, thus capturing the WBC world title in a one-sided fight.

There is reason to hope that the two boxers will be able to fight a third time in October, after July 18 has been banned due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and Fury is very eager to follow up on their rivalry due to Wilder’s decision to activate the rematch clause.

“I will have to give him a little more! You never tire of beating Deontay Wilder! This is one of those things you take pride in doing!” Fury said.

“I really did what I said I was going to do and few people, especially in boxing, say something and do exactly what they promised to do.

“So I was very proud of my performance and I am really looking forward to getting rid of this coronavirus, that the world can regain its stability and that I can finally get back to work.” Fury added.

Frank Warren, who with Top Rank co-promotes the WBC heavyweight world champion Fury, said that a unification fight with Anthony Joshua 23-1-0, 21 KOs probably won’t take place until February 2021. The promoter hopes that a fight between both boxers could take place in December.

And Joshua is still scheduled to defend his WBO, IBO, WBA, IBF heavyweight titles against his mandatory challenger, Kubrat Pulev 28-1-0, 14 KOs, on June 20, but this fight could be banned for July 25.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *