Maria Sharapova to play at Sir Elton John's bash in Las Vegas - Betting News | Sports News | Casinos News | Gaming Reviews

Maria Sharapova to play at Sir Elton John’s bash in Las Vegas

Maria Sharapova is all set to play in a fundraiser and join Martina Navratilova, John McEnroe and Andy Roddick at Las Vegas. Despite having six months of her suspension for taking substance still to run Sharapova cannot resist her to join the court as soon as possible. She is serving a ban after testing positive for meldonium and Court of Arbitration for Sport have reduced her two yea ban to 15 months in a hearing last week. This reduction of ban for Maria Sharapova is seen as a defeat for the International Tennis Federation and many officials are against it. As per Sharapova she was being made an example by ITF and now with this relaxation in the ban the 29 year old Russian is expected to return to action by May next year.

Sharapova’s charm is already gathering pace after she was invited to join the biggest names in American tennis at a Las Vegas charity exhibition event. She will join Martina Navratilova, John McEnroe and Andy Roddick for Aids fundraiser at Caesars Palace next Monday. Though Sharapova is still serving the ban and she has still 6 months more before she returns to game but event’s figureheads Billie Jean King and Sir Elton John have asked her to join the tennis royalty. However this event has no official status and has an honourable purpose but people are thinking what kind of message it will give to the tennis fans.

w2n2-maria

Sharapova speaking to NBC’s Today programme said:

“She will need to look for a replacement for the meldonium that she has been taking in large quantities for 10 years, she claims for health reasons.” She further added,

‘I will look with my medical team for a substitute, for something that is legal, that is permissible to take,’ she stated in an interview that was not exactly conducted with vigour.

 The 29-year-old Russian tested positive for the heart-boosting drug meldonium in January

The 29 year old Russian recently appeared on the CBS Charlie Rose Show where she hinted that she believed that she has been made an example by the tennis authorities and said ‘I’m starting to think that.’ Sharapova also appeared confident that she will be awarded a wild card entry into the French Open which she would need.

Let us see what is in store for Maria Sharapova but yes we cannot wait more to see her in action and next Monday is a chance for her fans.

Popular News

Megawati-saat-melakukan-smash
Megawati Fails to Win on Debut in Final, Korean Volleyball Queen Performs Impressively
31 March 2025
Megawati Hangestri Pertiwi made a negative debut in the first game of the Korean...
screenshot (23)
VP rebuild Dota 2 roster with former Chimera Esports players
30 March 2025
One of Dota 2's most iconic and successful organisations is looking to make a comeback...
GnG_1214217_HiRes
Marquez Wary of 2019 Incident Happening Again at MotoGP America
28 March 2025
Ducati racer Marc Marquez is reluctant to boast that he will win the 2025 MotoGP...
screenshot (24)
OG to trial Ulnit, Davai Lama, and Kidaro in DreamLeague Season 26 Open Qualifiers
28 March 2025
OG’s new lineup with three trial players will debut in the upcoming DreamLeague...
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter